Drugs have become easily accessible to many of the active and potential users. In fact, we have gotten past the ages where information about drugs used to be passed in secrets, in attempt to reduce the number of people using them. Now, it has gotten to the point where as much information about drugs and drugs abuse is published, so that users can learn about their harmful effects.
What is drugs abuse?
Any form of using drugs in the form or purposes they were not intended for is drug abuse. This begs the question of what we should say of smoking and related drugs. What were the drugs intended for? Is there a better purpose?
Drugs like cigarettes are said to be abused at any time they are made use of. The problem with these kinds of drugs is that they are addictive. This means that users can hardly carry out their daily functions without first abusing these drugs.
Effects of drug abuse
- Most cancers and other diseases like heart attacks are largely caused by smoking and heavily drinking alcohol. As it is already known, the consequences of such diseases are disastrous.
- Drugs abuse lead to a condition known as withdrawal. This means that the user gets to withdraw themselves from either family members or their social groups.
- Drug abuse is a key causal of hallucinations. Hallucinations are conditions where you see things that are not real, most of which will be about people threatening to harm you.
- Drug abuse is a key contributor to bankruptcy. It necessarily needs not be that the drugs themselves are bought at high prices. As much as it can be the case, other secondary effects like long-term diseases bring along the reality of bankruptcy.
- The habit is a major player in causing and worsening erectile dysfunctions. Other than being dependent on the drugs such that you cannot perform without them, drug abuse also interfere with the normal circulation of blood around the body.
How to quit drug abuse
It is not only important but very advisable to quit any form of drug abuse. But is not simple in life like it is in words.
Drug users should make a point of going to rehab centers. Even if you cannot afford to pay for the services, talk to a responsible man in the community. Chances are high that they will find a way to take you to a rehab center.
However, it needs that users be very determined to stop drug abuse for good. Many cases have been recorded, where a user gets out of a rehab but goes back to drug abuse all over again.